The Hitchcock Center and its staff were amazing! We’re going to be doing events there quarterly. Along with the quarterly events up at Seymour the Pub in Greenfield, we need one more regular quarterly venue so Ben can relax a little bit on the planning.
Here’s a quick list on what we fixed at the last event:
- Short Wave Radio (awesome!)
- Garden Clippers (three pair!)
- HomeLite Electric Chainsaw
- Button-Down Shirt
- Pair of pants
- Air Mattress with Integrated Pump
- Sewing Machine
- Carbonator (after the right parts are ordered)
- Popcorn air-popper
- Shark Cordless Upright Vacuum
- Floor Lamp
- Espresso Machine
- Electrolux Canister Vacuum
And, the list of items we saw but weren’t able to conquer:
- Seiko English to Chinese electronic dictionary (bad ribbon cable to the screen)
- AIWA CD/Cassette Boom Box (stretched drive belt)
We’re really proud of this picture up there. John and this next-generation fixer tore into that espresso machine with extremely well-organized abandon. We really knocked this Repair out of the park. Ben is beside himself with pride over the skill, talent, and relentless energy of the people he gets to work with. We want to do this over and over and over again.
We’re making a difference, folks. My rather un-scientific tally of the replacement value for all the items Repair Public has fixed so far is a hair over $3,500. I think that’s pretty good for a very part-time endeavor fueled by the enthusiasm of a bunch of volunteers with some free time on Sunday.
Next repair is back up at Seymour in Greenfield, on November 26, 2017 from 1pm to 5pm. Bring a broken thing!
Here, have some more pictures. I hope they make you as happy as they do me.